Squirrel Systems Reveals Next Gen POS Terminals at MURTEC
Squirrel Systems introduces three new sleek, powerful, point of sale (POS) terminals that blend style and performance with hospitality grade durability. A new widescreen 14-inch workstation (WS140H) and two 15-inch workstations (WS150 & WS150H) provide Squirrel customers the flexibility to design amazing guest experiences around the point of sale solution.
Squirrel customers include professionally operated independent restaurants, complex multi-unit restaurants and leisure and entertainment properties such as hotels, casinos, resorts and arenas. This new line of workstations supports minimalist restaurant installations all the way up to peripheral intensive installations in resort and casino environments. Powerful, future friendly technology choices combined with careful material selections ensures these workstations will continue Squirrel’s reputation of mating style and performance with extended service life in harsh hospitality environments.
The WS150 and WS150H workstations follow in the tradition of the WS10PX as Squirrel’s premium workstations capable of supporting large peripheral counts. Powered by Intel processors and running a Windows operating system, these workstations are the dominant solution for complex hospitality environments such as hotels, resorts and casinos while being the preferred platform of IT teams that standardize on homogenous Windows environments. These new terminals provide:
- A tablet style design that delivers over twice the screen real estate of 10” tablets
- A choice of widescreen format (WS150H) or standard screen format (WS150) to blend into any hospitality environment.
- A bezeless, spill and moisture resistant design for harsh, high humidity hospitality environments.
- Adaptable to any installation design with bases providing adjustable tilt and height as well as optional wall mounts.
- Lower power consumption for reduced operating costs.
The WS140H widescreen workstation follows the WS10LX as the most popular terminal in the Squirrel line and the workstation of choice for independent and multi-unit restaurants requiring a stylish, secure solution with an extended lifespan. The WS140H is the new standard for tablet style fixed terminals, allowing restaurants to leave tablets in servers hands, where they belong. The WS140H provides:
- A 14-inch design that fits into a similar fixed footprint as 10” tablets while providing the serving efficiency of nearly 50% more screen real estate and superior reliability.
- Adjustable tilt and low overall height for better guest engagement at counters and bars.
- A Squirrel Linux based operating system provides a lightweight, secure terminal that is easy to install and manage.
- High performance Quad Core ARM processors that require less energy reducing operating costs.
All Squirrel POS terminals continue to be paired with Squirrel’s EasyCare hardware and software support service providing 24x7 phone support and customer success management.
The WS150, WS150H and WS140H are all available today. Learn more about these new hospitality POS workstations online or visit Squirrel Systems in booth #58 at MURTEC in Las Vegas from March 11th-13th.