Fast-casual seafood chain Captain D’s has deployed the CMX1 platform for more streamlined and efficient management of supplier relationships and to ensure the ongoing quality and safety of food products being sourced.
“Over our 50-year history, Captain D’s has always been committed to putting our customers first by consistently delivering high-quality seafood at affordable prices,” said Mark Earnest, VP of Quality Assurance, Captain D’s. “This is why our ability to manage our large network of global suppliers is so important to keeping this commitment to our customers. CMX1 provides us with powerful visibility and insight into our supply chain, but more importantly, it delivers the data we need for better decision making and proactive quality management.”
Nashville-based Captain D’s Quality Assurance team relies on CMX1 to ensure the quality, safety, and compliance of the company’s globally-sourced seafood menu items, half of which are proprietary. Offering a comprehensive, automated, single-platform approach to supply chain management, CMX1 automates the management of Captain D’s multi-sourced food supply chain, which currently consists of 60 suppliers, to improve the efficiency of:
● Supplier management including evaluations, onboarding, and product commercialization approvals
● Product specification authoring and approvals including internal collaboration with R&D and suppliers
● Managing supplier compliance with regard to FSMA requirements and HACCP controls, process flows, food safety and applicable product certifications
“We’re extremely impressed with the easy-to-use, intuitive and logical design of the CMX1 platform,” explained Earnest “The ability to automate tasks and workflows allows the Quality Assurance team to focus on building relationships with our suppliers, distributors, and franchisees, and making sure food quality meets Captain D’s high standards.”
Record Sales Growth
Despite the impact the COVID-19 pandemic had on restaurants across the country, Captain D’s thrived in 2020 with record sales growth and has begun this year with double-digit increase in same store sales. With plans to open additional stores this year, Captain D’s will look to expand its use of CMX1 and plans to deploy additional platform functionality in the coming months, including:
● Ongoing quality monitoring and management through third-party product inspections and release procedures for seafood before being loaded onto ships from processors
● The resolution of product quality incidents, and executing product withdrawals and recalls with their restaurants
● Enterprise reporting and supplier scorecards
CMX1 has proven ability to provide the quality data insights to help restaurants manage their highly complex supply chains.